The University Grants Commission (UGC) has launched a scheme on skill development based job oriented higher education program as a part of College/University education, leading to Bachelor of Vocation (B.Voc.) degree. This degree Program is unique with the provision of multiple entry and exist at different levels of NSQF from level 4 to 7, viz. Diploma/Advance Diploma and Degree in compliance to the National Skills Qualification Framework (NSQF). Multiple entry and exit will allow students the flexibility to earn and study as per their convenience. This is further explained in the Prospectus.
B.Vocprogramme is designed with the provision for multiple exit levels. All the candidates enrolled for diploma courses or further will be treated at par treated from the second semester onwards. Students may exit after six months with the certificate (NSQF level 4) or they may continue for diploma or advanced diploma level courses leading to B.Voc. degree. After the completion of Semester I, the candidate will get a Certificate and she/he may go for a job or continue studying. The candidate may rejoin Semester II. After the completion of Semesters III and IV, the candidate will get an Advanced Diploma and she/he may go for a job or continue studying. The candidate may rejoin Semester V. After the completion of Semesters V and VI, the candidate will be awarded a B.Voc. degree and she/he may go for a job or become an entrepreneur, or continue studying for the M.Voc. Degree (NSQF Level 8 onwards) and can register for Ph.D. degree (NSQF level 10) after it in Vocational studies, or they can take admission in any other master’s programme after completion of required Bridge course, or appear in any competitive exams conducted by State Public Service Commission and Union Public Service Commission.
Conditions for Registration and Admission (How to Apply)
The following certificates in original shall be produced at the time of admission:
- a) Higher Secondary Certificate
- b) 10+2 Mark Sheet (s)
- c) Conduct Certificate from the Head of the Institution where applicant last studied.
- d) Caste Certificate
Conditions for Admission eligibility (How to Apply)
Admission to the B.Voc.programme will be as per the rules and regulations of the Himachal Pradesh University.
- The eligibility criteria for admission to the B.Voc. degree programme shall be 10+2 in all streams from the recognized board; 10+2 examination or an examination equivalent thereof from a Board/University established by law in India with English as a compulsory subject with 45% marks in aggregate, OR and examination of a University/Board/College or School in a foreign country recognized as equivalent for the above purpose by the Vice Chancellor/Equivalence Committee on its own, OR on the recommendation of Association of India Universities with 45% marks OR as per eligibility norms of the college for admission to undergraduate courses in case of center of excellence.
- Vocational subjects under NSQF will be given weightage, equivalent to any other general education subject while considering admission to students to the undergraduate courses as per reference no. DDNo.. 1-52/2013(CC/NSQF) dated 30.04.2014 of UGC.
- Maximum age limit for admission to B.Voc. courses is 23 years for general category, 25 years for SC/ST category and 25 years for girl candidates, as on July 1st of the admission year. The Vice-Chancellor may permit age relaxation as per norms.
- Reservation rules are applicable as per the rules or guidelines of the Himachal Pradesh Government. Students belonging to SC/ST category shall be given a 5% relaxation in marks for admission purpose, i.e., they would require a minimum of 40% marks in aggregate at 10+2 level.
- Compartment students shall not be allowed admission in the B.Voc. programmes.
- A candidate cannot pursue two full time undergraduate courses simultaneously.
- The University reserves the right to cancel any admission at any stage.
- In matters relating to undergraduate admissions, the decision of the Admission Committee/Vice-Chancellor, Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla, shall be final.All legal matters pertaining to undergraduate admissions shall be subject to the Himachal Pradesh University only.
- of seats per programme = 45
- Admission to the B.Voc. programme in Retail Management and Hospitality & Tourism (Semester-I) shall be done purely on the merit in the qualifying examination (10+2 etc).
- There are three categories of candidates who shall be given admission in Semester-I of the skill based courses under NSQF.
- Category 1:Students who have already acquired NSQF certification Level 4 in a particular Industry sector may opt for admission in the skill-based courses under NSQF.
- Category 2:Students who have acquired NSQF certification Level 4, but may like to change their trade and enter into skill-based courses in a different trade.
- Category 3:Students who have passed the 10+2 examination with conventional schooling without any background of vocational training.
Note: Regarding selection of students for B.Voc. programme, 10% extra weightage shall be given to Category-1; 5% extra weightage shall be given to Category-2 in 10+2 examination. Final list of students shall be finalized on merit.
Job Opportunities in Retail Management