Age Limit for Admission:Girls born after 1st July 1987, and Boys born after 1st July 1989 are eligible for admission to B.A., B.Sc., B.Com. 1st year. However the Vice Chancellor can grant 6 months relaxation for genuine reasons. Note: Relaxation of 3 years in age limit is granted for the candidates belonging to SC/ST, both for UG and PG classes.
Minimum Percentage of Marks Required for Admission
For B.A. 1st (Pass course):33% marks at +2 level are required, However, students option mathematics must have 45% in aggregate or 45% marks in mathematics at +2 level.
For B.Sc. 1st (Pass course):45% marks at +2 level in four written subjects including English. For joining Medical Group, Biology at +2 level is compulsory.
For B.Com. 1st:45% in four written subjects (including English) with Mathematics/Economics as compulsory subject at +2 level (40% in +2 for those students who have passed +2 under commerce Group). In case of girl students, 33% in +2 are required. Arts and Science Students with 45% marks can join B.Com. 1st, provided they have Mathematics of Economics at +2 level.
Note:A concession of 5% marks in the minimum eligibility required will be allowed for SC/ST candidates in B.Sc./B.Com. 1st year.
In addition to the eligibility conditions mentioned above, the students should also satisfy the following conditions for admission to the first year of B.A., B.Sc., and B.Com.
a. A student should have 10+2 class from H.P. Board of school Education under 10+2+3 system or any other equivalent examination recognized by the H.P. University.
b. A failed student of this college of B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. 1st of last year can be admitted provided he/she has not failed in all compulsory and elective subjects.
c. Twice failed students in the same examination will not be admitted to the same faculty. Thrice failed students in the same examination will not be admitted in the college.
d. The student of National open school will be admitted provided they have secured requisite marks in all the five subjects. The students of National Open School who have not clearly passed +2 examination will not be admitted in the first year of B.A./B.Sc./B/Com. Students coming from Vocational stream are eligible for admission to this class.
a. Clearly pass and compartment cases of B.A./B.Sc./B/Com. 1st and 2nd are eligible for admission to higher classes.
b. RL or CS candidates will apply for provisional admission in the same class on the due dates. It they fail to get the admission regularised within 10 days of the declaration of result, their admission will be cancelled and no refund will be made. Admission under this clause will be subject to the provisions of eligibility as notified by H.P.U.
c. A failed student seeking admission will have to submit a declaration as given in Annexure-II of H.P.U. Condition-on the basis of result of re-evaluation no retrospective benefit such as permission to higher class will be claimed.
d. Students who have passed in re-evaluation will not be admitted to higher class after the expiry of scheduled date of admission as per rules under ordinance 6.70(e) H.P.U.
Note:a. A Candidate furnishing any wrong information will be punished with cancellation of admission/registration. Suitable disciplinary and legal action will be taken. Dues paid will be forfeited.
b. All admissions are provisional till these are confirmed/approved by HPU and the college will assume no responsibility for non-approval of a particular case. For any reason, including equivalence cases.
c. In the absence of actual marks sheet from Univ./Board in respect of +2 of equivalent exam where the result is shown in grades/standards the minimum percentage of marks for each subject given in standard will be taken into consideration for determining eligibility.
d. The admission schedule notified by the university will be strictly adhered to. No relaxation will be given in this regard.
e. The decision of the Principal will be final in the matter of admission and he has the power to refuse of terminate any admission without assigning any reason or also on disciplinary grounds.
a. There are 40 seats each in the P.G. Departments which will be filled strictly on merit.
b. Eligibility: boys and girls should not have attained the age of 26 years and 28 years respectively on 1st July 2012 for general category. Relaxation of 3yrs. For SC/ST students.
c. For M.A. in English and POL-Science 45% in concerned subject or 50% marks in aggregate. Merit will be determined on the basis of following formula.
Aggregate marks obtained in TDC + Total marks in TDC I,II,III divided by Maximum marks of TDC+300
d. For M.Com 50% marks in aggregate of 3 years Degree course.
e. 5% relaxation in marks for SC/STWeightage: 1. For M.A. English 5% credit will be given to those who have studied English (Elective) in UG Course.
2. 2% credit for N.S.S./N.C.C. ‘C’ certificate
3. 3% credit for national participation in NCC
4. 5% credit for international representation.
5. 10% for Honors course if PG subject is the same.
Note: only one of the maximum credits will be given out of the five above.
1. 15% and 7.5% seats will be reserved for SC/ST candidates who have passed their qualifying exam from H.P.U.
2. 25% seats shall be open-irrespective of the institution.
3. 75% seats are for those candidates who have studied from H.P.U.
Note: Admission will be made in accordance with the University Roster 120, successively year wise.
1. Photostat copies of all Board/University certificates from matric onwards.
2. Original copy of character certificate from the head of institution last attended.
3. Original Certificates for verification by committee.
4. Two passport size photographs and one stamp size for the Identity Card.
5. B.A., B.Sc., B.Com 1st year students will also fill University Registration From along with two copies of their +2 result card.
6. Students with a gap of one year or more in studies will have to submit an affidavit showing the reason for the gap.
7. The candidates from other Boards/University, must submit:
a. Eligibility certificate from H.P. Board/University showing equivalence.
b. Migration Certificate.
8. SC/ST certificate for those seeking relaxation or weightage.
9. All 2nd and 3rd year students must submit a copy of their Registration card.
10. All girl candidates have to submit a copy of Bonafide Himachali Certificate for getting Exemption from Tuition fee as per Notification. Edu H(8) 3 (8) 1/76 dated 29-06-2001.
11. A postal stamp of Rs. 6 must be fixed on the Result Card of House Exam.