MBA: MBA Department is grooming well under the coordinator ship of Mr. Gaurav Sharma (Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics). He has taken many new initiatives for the employability and overall grooming of the management students.
The MBAdepartment is dedicated for the overall personality development of MBA students by providing Guest Lectures from eminent personalities of the industry and academia. Also, the department has witnessed number of successful state and inter-state industrial visits like Nestle, Tahliwal; Cremica, Tahliwal; Business Standard, Manimajra; Coca-Cola Ltd., Goa; Sonalika, Hoshiarpur; Ceramic Tiles, Rajasthan; Industrial Area, Uttrakhand, TVS Textiles, Hindustan Unilever Limited, Sara Textiles, Kangaroo, Vardhman; BBN Industrial area etc.
The Department is constantly working for 100 % placements of the students and to attain the placements, various industrial tie ups are established with the companies like TVS, Sara Textiles, Vardhman, GPI Textiles Ltd., Inox Wind, Luminous Ltd, Hindustan Unilever Limited, Nestle, Cremica, Sonalika, Paragon Textiles, HDFC Bank, Axis Bank, SBI Life, ICICI Prudential, AU Small Finance etc.
English Spoken and Personality Development program is organized from time to time by professional speakers, which is helping the MBA students to develop their interview skills and perform well in placements. The MBA department is providing the students a number of facilities like smart class rooms, internet lab, library, N-List online journals and books, sports etc.
Program Coordinator : Mr. Gaurav Sharma
Teaching Faculty Details:
||Name of Faculty
||Ms. Shamli Sharma
||Mr. Rash Pal
||Mr. Ashok Kumar Kapila
||Ms. Aarushi Sharma
- PratimaNadda (MPhil – Commerce, M.Com.): She is a visiting Faculty in MBA Department from the Commerce Department, Govt.P.G College, Una. Her major areas of interests are Banking and Finance.
- Ruchi Sharma (PhD – Commerce, M.Com.): She is a visiting Faculty in MBA Department from the Commerce Department, Govt.P.G College, Una. Her major areas of interests are Cost Accounting and Investment Management.
- Alka(M.Com, UGC – NET): She is a visiting Faculty in MBA Department from the Commerce Department, Govt. P.G College, Una. Her major areas of interests are Business Statistics and Economics.
Events and Activities – Apart from studies, the MBA Department has always worked for overall development of the students in the form of Fun and Learn, Projects, Seminar/Workshops, Guest Lectures, Industrial Visits, Inter – College Competitions, Youth Fest/Management Fest/Tech-Fest, Sports meet etc. In the last semester MBA students participated in following events/activities and won various prizes:
- MBA Department organized Quiz Competition sponsored by Business Standard.
- MBA Department organized Tree Plantation and Campus Beautification Campaign in the College Campus.
- MBA Department organized various Business Games and Cultural Events.
- MBA Department organized competitions like Slogan Writing, Declamation etc based on Election Day theme.
- Students of MBA participated in Annual Athletic Meet of the college, Inter-college Youth Fest at Hamirpur and Management Fest at Central University, Dharamshala.
GUEST LECTURES: MBA department is committed to provide at least five guest lectures in a semester. In the last semester following guest lectures were arranged for the MBA students in view of the current affairs, necessity and curriculum:
- A.K Vashist, Professor, University Business School delivered a guest lecture to MBA 4th Semester students on “Security Analysis and Financial Investment”.
- PatimaNadda, Associate Professor, Govt College, Una delivered a guest lecture on “Career Prospects after MBA” for MBA students.
- Captain SonikaSaini, Assistant Professor, Govt. College, Una delivered a guest lecture on “Role of Communication Skills in Business” for MBA students.
- MsVandhanaPatyal, Campaign Coordinator, Procter & Gamble delivered a guest lecture on “Marketing Skills and Career Prospects after MBA”for MBA students.
- N. N Sharma, dean Academics, HPTU, Hamirpur (H.P) delivered a lecture on “Technical Education: Changes and Challenges”for MBA students.
- Mohinder Atlas, Associate Professor, Central University, Dharamshala delivered a lecture on “Contemporary Taxation policies of India – A special focus on GST”
- R.K Nag, HR Manager,Cremica Pvt. Limited delivered a guest lecture on “Industrial Relations and Unionism” to the MBA students.
PLACEMENTS MBA DEPARTMENT
- Vandhana Patial – Marketing Executive- Procter and Gamble (Punjab Region)
- Bhupinder Kaur – Training and Development Officer – Unichem Labs, Baddi (H.P)
- 3. Navneet Kumar – Sales Manager (Una Region) – Star Health Insurance, Una
- Mohit Kumar – Sales Executive – Yes Bank, Mahalpur (Punjab)
- Shalu Kumari – HR Executive – Magic Blades Pvt. Limited (Tahliwal)
- Chetan Sharma – Sales and Marketing Executives – Kartar Valces & Faucets Pvt. Limited, Jalandhar
- Amrita Kumari – HR Executive – Spanx Infotech, Chandigarh
- Rajneesh Kumar – Unit Manager – ICICI Bank, Kangra (Main Branch)
- Smriti Sharma and Monika – Operations Manager – Shyam Classified Media Publishing Pvt. Limited, Baddi (H.P)
- Ajay Kumar – Marketing Executive – AU Small Finance Bank, Una (H.P)
- Sachin – Sales Executive, ICICI Prudential Life Insurance, Una (H.P)
- Ms. Anika Puri, Sales Executive, ICICI Prudential Life Insurance, Una (H.P)
- Ms. Shahana Khan, HR Executive, Hindustan Farms Limited, Una (H.P.)
- Ms. Vaneeta Vashisht, Marketing Executive, HDFC Bank, Una (H.P.)
- Ms. Shikha Sharma, HR Executive, AVN Solutions, Chandigarh
- Mr. Shubham Kumar Joshi, Finance Officer, Luminous, Bangalore with highest package of Rs 4.5Lacs
- Mr. Rohit Saini, Marketing Executive, Bajaj Finance, Nahan (H.P.)
- Mr. Rajesh Sharma, Finance Executive, Bajaj Finance, Una region.
- Mr. Ankur Sharma, Marketing Executive, Sleepwell Mattress, Una, Hamirpur and Kangra Region.
- Mr. Avtar Singh, Marketing Executive, Bajaj Finance, Garhshankar (Punjab)
Mr. Gaurav Sharma
Your feedback has been received.